"All Hail the Underdogs"
Human Wizard
{♥}
English
19 / 9th
Magical Languages / Creative Studies
N/A
Half-Blood Gryffindor
Run away with me Lost souls and reverie Running wild and running free Two kids, you and me.

To All the Weird Ones Out There...
000 words
for name
Eli was excited. For one it was the weekend and he enjoyed his freedom from school, but mostly it was because him and Cleo had finally figured out a time to hangout. So he told her to meet him at the Three Broomsticks. It would most likely just be a starting point for them. When they hung out they often hopped from one place to another, often making an adventure out of it. He thought him and Cleo would see each other more since he started school. But he lied to himself. He didn't realize how busy he would be and how busy she would be. Between his homework and babysitting job he often preferred sleep over anything else. Which, he had to admit to himself, was weird. And most of the time him and Cleo's schedules conflicted.

He sat down at a small booth near the back so he could look out the window. Eli was one to feel claustrophobic when he couldn't see outside for long periods of time. He leaned back and looked up at the ceiling and started finding shapes in the plaster above him. There was a weird cat shape and a laughing face he found. He smiled to himself and called himself weird under his breath. But he continued to look for shapes as he waited for his best friend. He missed Cleo so this was bound to be a good time.

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Cleo L. Hale
 Posted: May 24 2017, 05:39 AM
50 posts
70 galleons
Single
"little miss mudblood"
Human Witch
{♥}
English
21/11th
magical law & magical languages
N/A
Muggleborn Slytherin
i like the sad eyes bad guys mouth full of white lies

lay your body down
It had certainly been far too long since Cleo had spent any time with Eli, and she had missed him an awful lot. It had always been kind of difficult and strange what with the age gap between them - Cleo was actually closer in age to Eli's older sister Raven - but they'd been friends so long now it didn't make any difference to them, except situationally in that Cleo had already been studying at Stonefalls for a significant amount of time before Eli was able to join. Still, he was here now, and even though it had taken some time for them to get their schedules to line up (and Cleo was of course the queen of scheduling!) they were finally getting some time to spend together - better late than never, right?

Making her way to the Three Broomsticks, Cleo was - as always - multitasking. She'd spent the morning finishing an assignment for school, writing up meeting notes for her internship, and house hunting for places to view with Raven next week. They hadn't found a place yet, but she was keen to get searching for them all. So of course she'd gotten a little way laid, but after getting dressed she'd apparated over to Hogsmede and was hurrying down the cobbled street, her heeled black boots clunking away as she checked her lipstick in the camera of her phone. She snapped everything shut just as she slipped inside the pub, glancing around for her best friend.

It took no time at all to find Eli tucked away in the back corner of the pub, staring out the window and at the ceiling entertaining himself happily. Cleo grinned, ordering a couple of drinks from the bar for them both, before heading over. Hello stranger! she greeted him, beaming widely as she leaned over to give him a hug - the table kind of got in the way, and she had to lean over that and some of the bench to reach him, but that didn't matter. Cuddles and greetings out of the way, she sat down opposite him, handbag spilling open with her numerous planners and pens, as the barman brought their drinks over. It's so good to see you! How's things been? How are you finding school? she asked, wanting to hear all about his term so far.

outfit

robb stark

NB: i am so so sorry about the wait, lifes been super hectic recently and i haven't been posting at all, but hoping to try and keep up a little better now, and should be fine definitely from end of june
PM
^
Elijah P. Farlington
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 01:45 AM
35 posts
50 galleons
Single
"All Hail the Underdogs"
Human Wizard
{♥}
English
19 / 9th
N/A
Half-Blood Gryffindor
Run away with me Lost souls and reverie Running wild and running free Two kids, you and me.

000 words
for name
Eli was watching a bird making a nest in the tree outside the window. He loved this time of year because all the animals were out and about. He could watch them and then paint them. Eli had been so caught up in watching the bird he jumped when he heard Cleo's voice. He turned and grinned at her, "Cleo!" He snorted as she leaned over the table kind of awkwardly to hug him but nevertheless he stood up to hug her back. It was so good to see her again in all her Cleo-ness. She was organized and put together, opposite of Eli himself. That's probably why they got along so well. He sat back after their hug and watched as the barman put the drinks down. He took a long drink before looking at Cleo "things have been good! Busy, I had no idea uni would be so busy." He shrugged, he should have guessed a long time ago that uni would be different then Hogwarts. "But I do love the school! It's great. Uhm, I'm a babysitter for like the best little guy ever. I love it. What about you Cleo? What's your crazy life look like?"

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Elijah P. Farlington
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 01:48 AM
35 posts
50 galleons
Single
"All Hail the Underdogs"
Human Wizard
{♥}
English
19 / 9th
N/A
Half-Blood Gryffindor

000 words
for name
Eli was watching a bird making a nest in the tree outside the window. He loved this time of year because all the animals were out and about. He could watch them and then paint them. Eli had been so caught up in watching the bird he jumped when he heard Cleo's voice. He turned and grinned at her, "Cleo!" He snorted as she leaned over the table kind of awkwardly to hug him but nevertheless he stood up to hug her back. It was so good to see her again in all her Cleo-ness. She was organized and put together, opposite of Eli himself. That's probably why they got along so well. He sat back after their hug and watched as the barman put the drinks down. He took a long drink before looking at Cleo "things have been good! Busy, I had no idea uni would be so busy." He shrugged, he should have guessed a long time ago that uni would be different then Hogwarts. "But I do love the school! It's great. Uhm, I'm a babysitter for like the best little guy ever. I love it. What about you Cleo? What's your crazy life look like?"

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Cleo L. Hale
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 11:50 PM
50 posts
70 galleons
Single
"little miss mudblood"
Human Witch
{♥}
English
21/11th
N/A
Muggleborn Slytherin

lay your body down
Cleo grinned as she settled in across the table from Eli. It may have been a while since they last saw each other but things between them seemed just as they always had, easy and simple, as if no time had passed at all since they last spoke. She hugged him tight, before sitting back down, smoothing her skirt over her legs as she crossed them, one over the other, her foot trapped in against the table leg. Cleo listened as Eli talked about how he was finding university so far, sipping her drink and laughing a little as he said he hadn’t expected it to be quite so busy. Typically unprepared, apparently most people found the transition to higher education hard, but Cleo herself had been thoroughly prepared…though that surprised no one. Yeah it can be fairly full on. Like, you have to do work on your own terms, rather than just be given assignments and deadlines. You’re expected to do your own self-study a lot, or at least my classes you do. I swear I spend so much time reading, and not the good books either. Cleo lamented, discussing and comparing her own uni experiences with her friend.

She grinned widely as Eli explained that he’d gotten a babysitting job too. Aww cute! What’s the babies name? she asked, wanting to hear more. Cleo had never been around kids much growing up, being the youngest herself, but who didn’t love a cute chubby faced baby to fawn over?! As Eli turned the question around to her, Cleo shrugged, sipping her drink. Oh you know, not much. Just studying and working mostly. I’ve been looking at flats too for summer – Raven talked to you about that right? she enquired, looking eager. It would be so much fun to be able to share with friends for the summer.

outfit

robb stark
PM
^
Elijah P. Farlington
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 04:46 AM
35 posts
50 galleons
Single
"All Hail the Underdogs"
Human Wizard
{♥}
English
19 / 9th
N/A
Half-Blood Gryffindor

000 words
Cleo
Eli smiled right back at Cleo. It was so easy for them to talk, it always had been. That's why they had always stayed good friends. For them, things rarely got rocky and they had built a solid foundation together and Eli was eternally grateful for it. Cleo was his best friend and he wouldn't have it any other way. He snorted, "okay but not all of us are you Cleo! I am so disorganized, you know that so it's been a struggle to get myself together." More of then then not Eli forgot about assignments and would spray paint a picture or listen to weird music only to realize in the middle of the night he had something due the next morning. He hated to admit that it happened more often then not. "Bleh, some of the books are so boring! As a lover of books myself I find myself sad because I hate them so much. And books don't deserve to be hated but...I just can't help it." Eli chuckled lightly, taking a long drink, glancing out the window again at the bird and her nest.

"Well, I guess he's not really a baby but he's still chunky like one! His name's Kellin and he's 5 years old. He's crazy and likes to talk. It's just him and his mom and his grandmother. Well and his other babysitter...." Eli paused to think about what to call Ryleigh. He was around all the time because it was very apparent to Eli that Ryleigh liked Charley, Kellin's mom. And Kellin adored Ryleigh enough to call him dad sometimes, even though he wasn't. To say the least it was complicated. "But he's a great kid. Fun to hang out with."

He nodded, "so the usual is what you're saying? Reading and working and studying. If you weren't doing all those things, I would be concerned about you Cleo." Eli knew is best friend well enough to know that she was always doing something, she seemed to get restless when she wasn't. They were very opposite in that way. He loved to just take things in and not plan while Cleo was always planning. "Yes! She did. You wouldn't mind if I pushed myself in with you guys would you? I don't mind the dorms but I don't want to live in them another year and I'd rather not live with my parents."

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Cleo L. Hale
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 08:56 PM
50 posts
70 galleons
Single
"little miss mudblood"
Human Witch
{♥}
English
21/11th
N/A
Muggleborn Slytherin

lay your body down
Eli seemed a little defensive – even if he was just joking – about how disorganised he was in comparison to her, and she pouted. Give me your timetable and I’ll draw you up a planner. Make sure you don’t miss anything important. she offered, smiling. It sounded to most people like a chore, but Cleo loved doing stuff like that. People were so much better off when they could plan their time effectively – it meant you got everything done, and had time left over to have fun too! It didn’t quite dawn on her that some people didn’t want every minute of their life scheduled into a diary, but Cleo never did have much in the way of patience. She was proactive and efficient, and often didn’t wait to be asked for help and just did so anyway, even when that help wasn’t necessarily wanted. Books though, her and Eli would always agree on. Ugh, yeah. Some of the law books are just terrible. My one saving grace is I get to read a lot of novels, just in different languages, for my minor. she said, weighing up the faults with the positives. Cleo studied law as a her major, but took magical languages as a minor, and spoke a great many different languages with ease. Reading the books she enjoyed just in a different text was both good practice and far more interesting.

Eli was clearly excited about his babysitting job, and Cleo grinned as he babbled on about it happily. Awww he sounds cute! she said with a giggle as told her all about Kellin, though she quirked an eyebrow curiously as he stumbled over the mention of another babysitter. Why does she need two babysitters? When does she take care of him? she asked, perhaps rudely. Cleo’s own mum had been a single parent, and she’d raised two kids without having to pay for loads of extra help. Maybe that was an unfair standard to judge by – Cleo’s brother was older, so was able to babysit her himself as they got a bit older. Still, that wasn’t the point – the family wasn’t her business, Eli was, and he was having fun so that was all that mattered. Glad you love it. It’s so nice when you have a job that feels worthwhile. She’d felt the same, during her internship, but that was drawing to an end now and she wasn’t sure what she’d do with all her free time.

As he teased her for the amount she worked, Cleo rolled her eyes, cheeks flushing slightly. Truth was, whilst she had always worked hard she had always made time for other things too – she believed in working hard and playing hard, too. But recently, there had been nothing really going on in her social life, and it had been rather a few miserable months of all work and no play. She needed to get out more…but it was hard, because she never wanted to admit that she was letting herself down, nor that she was lonely. Hopefully moving in with friends would improve that though, and she grinned as Eli asked about it, shaking her head at his question. Oh no, don’t be daft, it’ll be great to have you there! she said, waving aside his concern. Originally the idea had only been for summer, but maybe if they found the right place cheap enough it would be cool to stay for the rest of the year. She was sure that if she got a part time job she could maybe afford it.

outfit

robb stark
PM
^
Elijah P. Farlington
 Posted: Jul 22 2017, 05:07 AM
35 posts
50 galleons
Single
"All Hail the Underdogs"
Human Wizard
{♥}
English
19 / 9th
N/A
Half-Blood Gryffindor

[QUOTE=Elijah P. Farlington,Jul 11 2017, 11:46 AM]
000 words
Cleo
Eli wrinkled his nose as Cleo pouted and said she would make him a planner, "you remember last time you tried to do that?" He had really tried to make it work because Cleo spent a lot of time on it. But he had lost the planner multiple time and in turn forgot even more that he was supposed to do. Then again that was a few years ago so maybe now it could work. Maybe. "I mean we could give a shot, I'll just have a put a tracking spell on it so I won't loose it." He knew Cleo liked to organiz things so even if the idea of a planner kind of freaked him out, if it made her feel better or made her happy, he would do it.

He took a drink and glanced back out the window a moment, looking for the nesting bird that had long since disappeared. Eli shrugged it off then looked back at Cleo, "I would agree with that. All the crazy books in different languages are awesome! Okay well not all of them, I read this one about a dragon and a goblin and it was weird. I wouldn't recommend it." This was how it had always been between him and Cleo, easy-going and lighthearted. They had only ever had one big fight and it hurt Eli still to think about it so he did everything he could to make sure it didn't happen again. All he wanted were these conversations about books and joking around about how disorganized he was.

"He's awesome!" Eli knew he had confused Cleo and that only made sense. Kellin's life was crazy and Eli had yet to understand it. "Well Ryleigh isn't really a babysitter. Charley doesn't pay him, but Ryleigh loves the family dearly and Kellin loves him. Its a really weird situation. Like Kellin has called Ryleigh dad before, even though he's not, and Charley, his mom kind of freaks out about it. I think she likes Ryleigh but isn't ready to admit it," Eli paused and shrugged, "like I said it's strange."

He reached across the table and pushed her lightly as he saw the red creep up her cheeks, "you know I am just playing around. I'm glad you work hard because if you didn't I think I'd still be lost in the Forbidden Forest, you know?" Cleo kept Eli grounded and he was so glad they were hanging out again because without her he often felt way too float-y for his own good. He grinned, "alright cool! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't cramping you and Raven's style." As he said it he snorted, to make it obvious he was joking around. He couldn't help but be excited to live with his best friend and his sister. It wasn't that he didn't like living with his parents but he wanted some more freedom and this was the way to do it.

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Cleo L. Hale
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 11:58 PM
50 posts
70 galleons
Single
"little miss mudblood"
Human Witch
{♥}
English
21/11th
N/A
Muggleborn Slytherin

lay your body down
I still don’t get how you lost it! Cleo protested, though a laugh was on her lips as she did so. Eli was kind of scatter-brained like that, but they balanced one another out nicely in that respect. She did enjoy mapping things out and having everything neat and tidy and planned to perfection, usually because she had so much on that she needed it all to be properly diarised, so she’d probably do it for Eli, even if he never used it. She hadn’t been that offended that he’d lost the planner she’d done before for him; some people got frustrated when they put work in that others didn’t necessarily appreciate, but this kind of thing was fun and satisfying for Cleo, so she never really minded either way.

Grinning as talk turned to literature, and the book Eli wouldn’t recommend, Cleo raised an eyebrow, grin on her face. Which book? Sounds funny at least. Reading it in Gobbledegook would be interesting, if it was about a goblin. she mused. Maybe she’d come across it already, who knew. They were both pretty well read, so despite their other quite different focus’s they were always able to talk happily about books and which new authors they’d read or quirky backstreet stores they’d found without any problems. They rarely did fall out, the one instance having been when Eli had found bruises covering Cleo’s arms, handprints from a boyfriend who’d been a bit too possessive, a bit too jealous, a bit too forceful, and finally Cleo had broken up with him. Neither Cleo nor Eli had liked fighting, but it had been the fact that Eli had said anything at all when he usually seemed to keep his opinions to himself, that had won Cleo around in the first place. She valued his friendship a lot…and whilst she’d been in equally complicated relationships since, she tended to give as good as she got, and had managed to keep Eli from worrying too much about her.

The whole family situation with the family Eli worked for did seem strange, but it wasn’t really Cleo’s place to judge – at least not outloud. She just quirked an eyebrow and shrugged. Long as they’re paying you…I’m not subbing you for rent! she joked, more interested in talking about the flat than anything. I thought maybe I’d ask Tatum, too, if that was cool with you guys. Cleo suggested. Tate was one of Cleo’s close friends, having been in the same year as her but a Gryffindor student through school, the same as Eli. Cleo had sometimes found it hard making friends in her own house, given the fact she was muggleborn and Slytherin was renowned for placing high regard on pureblood status. Tate was a little more like Eli, a bit of a tomboy and who loved the outdoors, but she’d come into her own problems as she suffered from bi-polar disorder. It had caused Cleo endless amounts of stress and guilt when her friend had been admitted to hospital last year, but she was doing so much better now. Maybe Tate would want to live with her boyfriend, but still, maybe Zach was right…asking couldn’t do much harm. And splitting rent 4 ways was probably better than 3.

outfit

robb stark
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
The Treehouse Hogwarts Online School Infinite Arms Relashio Insurrection The Beginning Fate Static Hogwarts Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Bombarda Maxima From the Ashes Ravenclaw Pride War is Brewing RPG-Directory Age of Heroes Echoes of Earth Demon Realm  Shadowplay! Salvio Hexia Age of Aquarius Gods & Monsters feeling electric Level Six - A HP RPG Directory 

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black