Human Wizard
{♥}
English
21 / 11th
magical langages / med. magic
N/A
Half-Blood Slytherin
N/A

Dax felt the pain before he woke fully. He remembered the words spoken, the horrible thing that had been done to him. He wasn’t a fool, he knew what was happening in his mind wasn’t something that he was making up, he knew it was real. There was no way that he could make this shit up. He had never been the creative one, so to make things up like this wasn’t something he did.

The pain had started as an ache, persistent and annoying at his temples and in his eyes, but as he woke more and more he felt more pain invading and sat upright hissing in pain. He grunted and hissed as he felt his muscles moving for the first time in so long. He grunted and moved, blinking a few times and realising that he was definitely unable to see. Whatever they’d done, they’d not been able to repair that damage.

He twisted and let his hands feel around as he attempted to get out of the bed, assuming that he was in a hospital. The thing about being blind appeared to be an overwhelming sense of vulnerability as he realised that he had no way of getting his bearings. He was lost and he didn’t know where.
PM
^
William S. Hayes
 Posted: May 23 2017, 11:49 PM
132 posts
110 galleons
Dating
"brooklyn boy"
Human Wizard
{♥}
American
Sales Assistant 'Positive Spin Records'
Half-Blood Adult
I am he as you are he as you are me And we are all together See how they run like pigs from a gun see how they fly I'm crying

It had been months now since Mike had been attacked and Billy had found him, eyesockets empty and bleeding, and brought him into St Mungo’s. He’d watched from the corridor as they put him under, did what they could to repair the damage to his eyes, and he’d been there as his best friend slipped into a coma, a result of the exhaustive pain and injuries inflicted upon him. He’d washed the blood from his own hands, scrubbed them clean for days because it felt like the dirt and blood was still there under his nails, and he’d held Mirium’s hand – and body – when she was hurt and unable to cope with what had happened. On the occasions they tried to bring Michael out of his coma, they stood at his bed waiting, hopeful, only to feel crushed again by the full weight of it all as it failed. Eventually they fell into a routine, class and work, hospital, before falling together out of loneliness and shared grief, before repeating it all the next day. Sometimes Billy would be there on his own whilst Mirium had meetings, or she’d curl up with her laptop and a book, researching whilst he had rehearsals or a gig, but aside from that every day was much the same.

Mirium had just gone to get coffee, her books piled on a chair in the corner late that night, whilst Billy sat hunched over his laptop fine tuning some lyrics. His foot tapped slowly, dropping the beat as his head bobbed with sleep, till he relented and closed the lid shut, folding his arms and leaning forwards on the edge of the bed to nap.

It was movement that woke him, and at first Billy assumed it was Mirium trying to wake him up. Jus’ few minutes more Mir. he mumbled, grumbling, before his senses fully came to and realised the shuffling was coming from the centre of the mattress. Billy’s head snapped up, and he practically fell out of his chair. Mike? You’re…you’re awake….NURSE! he yelled, though who knew who could hear him at this time of night. They were probably meant to have left hours ago, but they always pushed their luck as far as they could in that respect. Hey mate, don’t try get up yet. You been asleep a long time. It’s Billy, I’m right here mate. You feel me? he said, standing in front of his friend, right at the edge of the bed, his hand placed on Michael’s arm reassuringly.

PM
^
Daxton M. Winters
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 06:13 AM
124 posts
30 galleons
Single
"N/A"
Human Wizard
{♥}
English
21 / 11th
N/A
Half-Blood Slytherin
N/A

He didn’t know what to do, the words they were loud, but they didn’t make sense. Who was talking about Mirium? He heard his name, and the sound of Billy’s voice. He blinked and groaned frustrated as he kept remembering that he was blind. He cringed and moved to cover his ears, just a little. It was too loud. He grabbed the sheets and tried to focus on something else over the sound. It was going to be okay, he just had to remember that. It would be okay.

But who was he kidding? It wasn’t going to be okay, it was going to be fucking difficult. He was blind. He was going to have to figure out how to deal with that, learn how to read, learn how to react to the world. He listened to the things that Billy was saying to him, explaining that he should try and move. He rubbed a hand through his hair, and jumped when he felt the hand on his arm. He blinked unable to stop himself. “How long have I been out?” He croaked out, unable to speak too loudly, his voice aching just from speaking a few words. He coughed weakly. “Water?” He whispered, thankful it was his friend who was here instead of some random person he didn’t know. He knew he would be taken care of, he knew that he wasn’t going to be in trouble.

He already felt tired again, just from sitting up, but he didn’t want to lie back down, he didn’t want to go back to sleep. He wanted to be out of this bed, but somehow he knew that it wasn’t something that would be happening for a while. He pushed a shaking hand through his hair, and couldn’t stop his hand from shaking. He had so many questions, so much he didn’t know, what had happened to Valeska? What had happened with Arianna? Did she even know he was in hospital? Did his sister know what was happening? Did his dad? Merlin there was a lot to think about. He moved again, starting to get out of the bed even though his body screamed in protest. He needed to move, he needed to get out, he needed to get some air. It was suddenly hot and he was finding it difficult to breathe.
PM
^
William S. Hayes
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 07:52 PM
132 posts
110 galleons
Dating
"brooklyn boy"
Human Wizard
{♥}
American
Half-Blood Adult
I am he as you are he as you are me And we are all together See how they run like pigs from a gun see how they fly I'm crying

The first question out of Michael’s lips left Billy’s mouth dry. Ugh… he answered stupidly, holding his friends arm gently. How was he meant to explain that he’d been out cold for months, that life had passed by, that the world had kept spinning whilst he’d lain there motionless. That things had changed despite the fact Billy and Mirium had been there every day, that their lives had in some way become centred around their hospital trips but that they were also more than what they’d been before. There were so many things to catch him up on, and Billy didn’t know how to confess all of that…but Billy also wasn’t about to lie to his best friend, not after everything he’d been through. A few months. It took some time for your body to heal. he said simply. Mike’s wounds were almost healed now, in terms of a lack of blood, closed wounds, and the scarring was coming along nicely…but he’d lost his eyes, and that wouldn’t ever heal. He wouldn’t get his sight back.

Water…now that he could do. Billy magicked a glass up, fumbling slightly for his wand, before passing it to Mike. Here, sit still. Drink that first then we’ll deal with moving. he instructed, sliding the glass directly into Mike’s hand. Mirium’s gone to get coffee, think she had a work deadline. She’ll be back soon. We…she’s been here every day. We both have. What else could he say to reassure his friend? He didn’t know what other questions he’d have, and Billy’s head was spinning still with the shock of being woken up to find Mike conscious. Where the hell were the nurses when you needed them?

PM
^
Daxton M. Winters
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 06:39 PM
124 posts
30 galleons
Single
"N/A"
Human Wizard
{♥}
English
21 / 11th
N/A
Half-Blood Slytherin
N/A

Dax rubbed his hair and blinked as he heard the answer. A few months. He’d been asleep for a few months. He’d been in this bed for months, not responding, not doing anything.

He started to force himself out of the bed. He was feeling overwhelmed, like the world was shutting in on him. He was panicking, thinking about what he’d missed, what he hadn’t been able to do, what had happened to those he cared about. He ignored Billy when he told him to drink the water, to sit still, trying to get up out of the bed, his breathing heavy from trying to do things too quick, but he didn’t care. He couldn’t stay in this bed for much longer, not if he’d been here for so long already. His mind was swimming.

He barely registered what Billy was saying about where Mirium had been, where she was. He just wanted to get out of the bed, a lot of panic in his head. He didn’t say anything to Billy, he just needed to get out.
PM
^
William S. Hayes
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 01:08 AM
132 posts
110 galleons
Dating
"brooklyn boy"
Human Wizard
{♥}
American
Half-Blood Adult

Mike wasn’t listening anymore, that was clear enough, and Billy’s words were falling on deaf ears. The glass bumped against Mike’s hand and nearly spilled as the boy didn’t take it, didn’t move to grip the glass and instead seemed to move more frantically towards the edge of the bed. Mike…Mike! Billy insisted, raising his voice to try and get his friend to listen. You got to go slow, you won’t be able to stand yet, not well. Your muscles haven’t been used in months. They’ve atrophied, Mike, fucking listen to me! Merlin, if he’d just calm down Billy would help him up!

He yelled for the nurses again, louder this time, and placed both hands on Mike’s upper arms, firmly making him slow down – the water glass had vanished into thin air. Mike, Mike listen I'll help you up just slow down okay he insisted, trying to level with his friend and snap though the panic he was clearly experiencing. You're gonna be fine. She's gone. It's over...she's gone. Valeska - the head of the fallen Priori - was dead. And whilst perhaps seeing her suffer the consequences in Azkaban would have felt like justice, this just felt cleaner, easier. There was never a risk of her reappearing. Mike was safe, and he was awake. That was the important thing.

PM
^
Daxton M. Winters
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 10:25 PM
124 posts
30 galleons
Single
"N/A"
Human Wizard
{♥}
English
21 / 11th
N/A
Half-Blood Slytherin
N/A

He heard Billy talking but didn’t really hear him. He felt his hands shaking and then someone grabbing his upper arms, forcing him still for now, but not violently. He found it a little hard to breathe, clinging to his friend back, his grip barely gripping. He blinked again hearing Billy’s words. She was gone. “She’s gone?” He whispered, his grip softening, hands falling, his whole body stopping the fight to get up. He heard the patter of footsteps as finally some medical staff came in. “You’re sure? She’s gone for good.” He laughed almost manically as tears began to spill down his face, relief like he’d never felt flooding him. He relaxed enough to breathe and let the medical staff do whatever was needed to help him. For a second, he didn’t worry that he couldn’t see, that he wouldn’t be able to see for the rest of his life. For now, he knew he was safe.
PM
^
William S. Hayes
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 09:40 PM
132 posts
110 galleons
Dating
"brooklyn boy"
Human Wizard
{♥}
American
Half-Blood Adult

Finally, to Billy’s relief, Mike stopped struggling to get up and let him hold him still, safe from falling from the bed or collapsing on legs that weren’t used to walking. He kept talking, regardless of whether Mike was listening, repeating the same things over and over, You’re safe. Slow down. It’s gonna be okay. Anything he could think of that might reassure his friend.

And finally, something seemed to hit home and hope fluttered in Billy’s chest as he saw the relief in Mike’s face, the tension leave his weakened muscles. Yeah mate, she’s gone. Dead. It was all over the papers. Finally the nurses had arrived, and were helping to tend to Mike, checking his stat’s and bustling around., though they seemed to think it was okay to let Billy do most of the talking to Mike for now. How you feeling? You…you know who I am, yeah? he asked, suddenly cautious that Mike might not have all his memories after being out for so long. Clearly he remembered what had happened to him, but that had been a major trauma. Whether he’d remember Billy, who’d only just reappeared in his life, was another story.

PM
^
Daxton M. Winters
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 11:29 PM
124 posts
30 galleons
Single
"N/A"
Human Wizard
{♥}
English
21 / 11th
N/A
Half-Blood Slytherin
N/A

Dax could hear the words over and over, and he started to calm. He took in each breath, trying to be slow, measured. He wanted to calm down, he wanted to feel normal, but part of him still felt…afraid. Part of him still felt asleep.

He felt weak, he felt wrong. He didn’t know what was happening, and suddenly there were people swarming him, checking things, doing stuff. He feared what was going to happen, he feared that there were things he’d never be able to do again. But he knew, some part of him knew, that it didn’t matter all that much. That something would end up right, that it would be partially okay. “I’m just glad I won’t be able to see your ugly face again.” He breathed quietly, weakly, trying to force a laugh and ending up coughing rather violently. He was still weak, a lot of him was weak. He pushed his hair out of his face. He closed his eyes and coughed weakly. He already felt exhausted from even standing. He let the hands do whatever it was they were doing and lay back as he was forced back. “I’m tired. Why am I so tired?”
PM
^
William S. Hayes
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 07:48 PM
132 posts
110 galleons
Dating
"brooklyn boy"
Human Wizard
{♥}
American
Half-Blood Adult

Billy grinned as Mike teased him, and his fingers gripped his friend a little more tightly. Well at least you haven’t forgotten how to be an asshole. he retorted waving at a nurse to bring him water as Mike started coughing, wheezing as his body got accustomed to functioning for itself again. Hey, have a drink he ushered, lifting Mike’s hand to the glass once he’d sat back and helping to guide it to his mouth, before letting him do the rest himself. Cause you’re lazy as fuck? Napping for months and still tired, merlin. Billy teased, trying to bring some of the lightness back to the room, before answering more seriously. You’ve been through a helluva time. You’re bound to be knackered. And like I said, your muscles will have atrophied. They’ll get used to you moving around in a few days though, but just…baby steps, you know? It wouldn’t do him any good to try run a marathon or hit up the gym with Billy straight after coming around from a coma.

Taking a seat at the edge of the bed, Billy waited for any other questions, before asking Hey, Mir will have a heart attack if she comes back and doesn’t have any idea what’s happened, should I go find her? he asked, wondering what else he could do to help right about now. She said you can stay with her. I graduate soon so have to give up the dorm, and you can’t go back to yours on your own yet, not till you been through recovery and all that shit.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
The Treehouse Hogwarts Online School Infinite Arms Relashio Insurrection The Beginning Fate Static Hogwarts Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Bombarda Maxima From the Ashes Ravenclaw Pride War is Brewing RPG-Directory Age of Heroes Echoes of Earth Demon Realm  Shadowplay! Salvio Hexia Age of Aquarius Gods & Monsters feeling electric Level Six - A HP RPG Directory 

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black