140 galleons
Engaged
"all the panda love for you"
Human Witch
{♥}
English
Payroll and Accounting
Non-Magical Admin
Like a space-age food pod made of magic and dreams , I'm a happy girl because I have you on my team. You are sweet and you are fine. I love you like a burrito.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
PANDA
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 06:07 PM
1592 posts
140 galleons
Engaged
Human Witch
{♥}
English
Payroll and Accounting
Non-Magical Admin
Like a space-age food pod made of magic and dreams , I'm a happy girl because I have you on my team. You are sweet and you are fine. I love you like a burrito.

Metamorphmagi

“A witch or wizard with the ability to change
his or her physical appearance at will.”

SPECIFICS

Metamorphmagi do not require a wand, a spell, or a potion to change their appearance. They can change small aspects of their appearance—such as hair colour—or choose to take a wide variety of forms—including changing their sex and age, and potentially resembling anybody they choose, similar to the effects of the Polyjuice Potion. This ability presents very early in life, often even in infancy. A metamorphmagus’s abilities are affected by his or her emotional state; strong emotions may make the ability difficult to control, and strong depressions may even make it hard for the witch or wizard to use their ability.

LAWS REGARDING METAMORPHMAGI

Currently the Ministry of Magic does not require that metamorphmagi register their skill; however, at FF we do ask that you register over at the abilities claim!

RESTRICTIONS

Metamorphmagi are born; they cannot be made, and it is not a skill that can be learned. They are extremely rare, and here at FF we are currently capping them at ten (10) total on the site. There appears to be a degree of heritability, but a metamorphmagus parent does not guarantee that the child will possess the ability.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
PANDA
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 06:07 PM
1592 posts
140 galleons
Engaged
Human Witch
{♥}
English
Payroll and Accounting
Non-Magical Admin

Animagi

“A witch or wizard who can morph him
or herself into an animal at will.”

SPECIFICS

This skill is learned, not hereditary; they cannot be born. Once a witch or wizard has completed the training, he or she can change at will, with or without a wand. The witch or wizard is not able to choose their animagus form; it appears to be governed by the same personality traits as the creation of a patronus, and will reflect the witch or wizard’s inner self. Their animagus form always, in some way, reflects their human form (and differs from the normal form of the animal) through some sort of identifying mark or physical trait (such as a longer snout, a scar, strangely coloured eyes). Major physical changes in human form will reflect on the animal form, such as the loss of limbs. Animagi still think as humans while transformed, but they are also able to communicate with normal animals.

LAWS REGARDING ANIMAGI

Animagi must register with the Ministry of Magic, revealing one’s animal form and significant markings; failure to do so may result in in-character ramifications, such as being sent to Azkaban. Don't forget you must register the ability out of character as well, at the abilities claim.

RESTRICTIONS

This skill is usually only achieved by powerful and skilled wizards and witches. Animagi are, in general, quite rare; as such the cap for this site, at this time, is fifteen (15)

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
PANDA
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 06:08 PM
1592 posts
140 galleons
Engaged
Human Witch
{♥}
English
Payroll and Accounting
Non-Magical Admin

Seers

“A gifted wizard or witch who has the ability to
see into the future with their Inner Eye.”

SPECIFICS

True seers are able to see into the future, and experience visions or prophecies. These are then recorded and stored in the Hall of Prophecy in the Ministry of Magic's Department of Mysteries. When experiencing a true vision, seers are often completely unaware of what is happening, and appear almost possessed.

LAWS REGARDING SEERS

The Ministry of Magic currently does not require seers register their ability, although they do keep track of them in order to record their prophecies. At FF we ask that you register your character as a seer at the abilities claim!

RESTRICTIONS

Seeing (as opposed to Divination) cannot be learned; seers are only born. True seers are extremely rare. Right now, at FF, we will be capping the number of seers at five (6).

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
PANDA
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 06:08 PM
1592 posts
140 galleons
Engaged
Human Witch
{♥}
English
Payroll and Accounting
Non-Magical Admin

Occlumens

“Occlumency is the act of magically
closing one's mind against Legilimency.”

SPECIFICS

Occlumens practice the art of Occlumency; that is, they can prevent a Legilimens from accessing their thoughts, feelings, or even influencing them. Basic occlumency involves clearing the mind so that there is nothing for the Legilimens to access; more advanced levels involve suppressing only those thoughts, emotions and memories that the Occlumens does not want the Legilimens to see, and therefore it is not obvious that Occlumency is being used even if the person is lying. Occlumency can guard against possession. It is theorised that Occlumency may be easier if the witch or wizard is easily able to compartmentalise and keep their emotions in check.

LAWS REGARDING OCCLUMENS

The Ministry of Magic currently does not require Occlumens to register, as Occlumency is seen as a form of self-defence. However, at FF we require that you register your skill at the abilities claim!

RESTRICTIONS

Occlumency is a rare and difficult skill, and is not taught as part of the curriculum at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. To be a master at this, someone would have had to train for fifteen or more years. Here at FF, we are currently limiting Occlumens to a total of five (5) witches or wizards. We are limiting the number of characters who can possess BOTH Occlumency and Legilimency to four (4) also.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
PANDA
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 06:10 PM
1592 posts
140 galleons
Engaged
Human Witch
{♥}
English
Payroll and Accounting
Non-Magical Admin

Legilimens

“Legilimency is the act of magically navigating
through the many layers of a person's mind
and correctly interpreting one's findings.”

SPECIFICS

Legilimens practice Legilimency; that is, they can enter and navigate their way through another person’s mind, interpret what they find, and even—in highly skilled cases—influence the person’s actions. Low-level Legilimens must use the incantation Legilimens to enter their victim’s mind; highly advanced Legilimens can perform Legilimency nonverbally and even wandlessly. Legilimency is made easier by eye contact.

LAWS REGARDING LEGILIMENS

As Legilimency is, essentially, an invasion of privacy, the Ministry of Magic requires that all Legilimens register their ability. Failure to do so can lead to time served in Azkaban; and misusing the ability can result in longer terms of imprisonment. Don't forget to register your ability out of character, too, at the abilities claim!

RESTRICTIONS

Legilimency is a rare and difficult skill, and is not taught as part of the curriculum at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. To be a master at this, someone would have had to train for fifteen or more years. Here at FF, we are currently limiting Legilimens to a total of five (5) witches or wizards. We are limiting the number of characters who can possess BOTH Occlumency and Legilimency to four (4) also.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
PANDA
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 06:10 PM
1592 posts
140 galleons
Engaged
Human Witch
{♥}
English
Payroll and Accounting
Non-Magical Admin

Parselmouth

“The language of serpents and magical serpent-based
creatures, and those who can converse with them.”

SPECIFICS

Parseltongue is a language that sounds similar to that of a snake, manifesting as a hissing sound. Normal people cannot understand it, though Parselmouths can communicate with each other using the language. They can also communicate with snakes and other serpent-based creatures. While highly proficient speakers may be able to speak it at will, most must be face-to-face with a snake-based creature or an object that resembles a snake in order to use the language.

LAWS REGARDING PARSELMOUTHS

As Parselmouths are incredibly rare, and are almost always descended from Salazar Slytherin himself, the Ministry of Magic does not require they register their ability; however, they keep very close track of the Slytherin line. But you must still register the ability out of character at the abilities claim!

RESTRICTIONS

Parselmouths are incredibly rare and, as far as is known, the ability is hereditary. Almost all known Parselmouths are descended from Salazar Slytherin. Here at FF, Parselmouths will only be allowed after discussion with an admin.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
PANDA
 Posted: Jul 8 2014, 04:18 PM
1592 posts
140 galleons
Engaged
Human Witch
{♥}
English
Payroll and Accounting
Non-Magical Admin

Wandless Magic

“Wandless magic is magic performed
without the use of a wand.”

SPECIFICS

Wizards or witches possessing the ability to perform wandless magic do not require the use of a wand in order to cast spells. They also are not required to be in possession of their wand at the time of casting. Casting spells without the use of a wand as a carrier for the magic can be quite dangerous and volatile; while underage wizards and witches often accidentally cast wandless spells, this form of magic can only be controlled by very advanced, powerful and disciplined witches or wizards. Attempts to use this magic by others can have disastrous results. These witches and wizards can combine this ability with silent magic and therefore are able to produce magic under any circumstances.

Please note: This is not the same as silent magic (also known as nonverbal magic or wordless magic). While wandless magic can be used in conjunction with silent magic, silent magic itself is taught starting in the sixth year of Hogwarts, and students are expected to perform spells nonverbally from then onward. Thus, nonverbal magic is not considered an ability, but something that all witches and wizards possess, though perhaps to varying degrees of success.

LAWS REGARDING WANDLESS MAGIC

At present, the Ministry of Magic does not require witches and wizards with the ability to practice magic wandlessly to notify the Safety and Security register. However, here at FF we still require you to register your ability at the abilities claim!

RESTRICTIONS

Wandless magic is a learned ability; a witch or wizard cannot be born with this ability, and the few instances of wandless magic that take place in underage years do not count. Wizards and witches must be highly disciplined and skilled in order to use this ability, and it is not taught as part of the Hogwarts or Stonefalls curriculum. For now, the number of wandless magic users on FF is capped at ten (10) total.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
The Treehouse Hogwarts Online School Infinite Arms Relashio Insurrection The Beginning Fate Static Hogwarts Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Bombarda Maxima From the Ashes Ravenclaw Pride War is Brewing RPG-Directory Age of Heroes Echoes of Earth Demon Realm  Shadowplay! Salvio Hexia Age of Aquarius Gods & Monsters feeling electric Level Six - A HP RPG Directory 

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black